Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Today is a project that I did on UStamp - an online class where you get to do several projects at your own pace and keep the project pdf's for future use. See the UStamp Blinkie spot at the top right if you are interested. I wanted to make it a spa theme so I went with a calming color combo. This was a simple 4 square boxes put together. They were taped together with a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 square and hole punched with large oval to make the handle. The color combo is Certainly Celery and retired Blue Bayou. (I still have some of that left and need to use it!) The paper is from Urban Garden which matches perfectly. The flower is from my friend Monika. She had a class that I attended where she taught us how to make this sweet thing! You take a 1 x 12 sheet of DSP and scallop edge punch one side. Then score it every half inch, make folds and tape ends together. Squeeze together and place on glue dot to secure it. Add a button to finish the center off. The first one can be tricky so that your time if you try it. I remembered that I had some Mary Kay spa products left and decided to add them to this. Unbelievable that they match the color theme! What a great gift this would make for Mother's Day! Have a magical day! Cindy I leave tomorrow morning for my scrap camp weekend but have scheduled posts for the rest of the week. Be sure to check in! I will be showing some of my COMPLETED scrapbooks next week!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I happened across your blog while surfing and I love it! My daughter is a huge stamp fan - she just had her first baby and your ideas are so cute. I will forward your blog to her. Good luck with all your projects.

Anonymous said...

Love this project! What a great gift for someone - maybe a Mother's Day project....