Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Japanese Inspiration

I made this back in August because I was inspired by my friend's daughter who went to Japan for two weeks by herself with an international group trip. She is only 11 but had a great time and did well! I saw this also in our demo magazine and wanted to challenge myself to make it. Another blogger had done this and I have forgotten her name after all this time. Oops! I cased this after hers. The colors are Dusty Durango, Melon Mambo and Soft Suede which I love all together. I used the stamp set called Eastern Blooms. I stamped the flowers and punched them out using circle punches. The fan is a strip of paper stamped to be like designer paper and folded every 1/2". Butterfly is the Big Shot Die Cut and popped up on dimensionals like the flower circles. You can see a close up below.
The card folds up in the center of the bottom "floor" and it looks like this on the outside with the ribbon around it. I added the sentiment "for you" and punched out large and small oval. Great to give as a gift/card and love that it displays itself!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: