Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here we go again! Another year has started so fast!  The first weekend of the year found me taking down the Christmas decorations and doing some much needed cleaning around the house.  We also went to Ikea and picked up a desk for Megan's room for clearance dirt cheap price!  Love a good bargain! So today I am catching up on bills, checkbook, filing away 2009 papers and organizing my studio and desk.  I hope to work on some creations today.

I made two of these explosion boxes for ladies that are facing troubled time right now. One has re-occuring cancer and the other is watching her husband battle the disease.  This is a box of hope for them to look at and put all their worries in the box.  Idea was given to me my a co-worker and I just ran with it.  My newly acquired retired stamp set gave me the inspiring words...blessings, rejoice, grace and faith.  I used some very old retired paper with the Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I also used the butterfly die cut.  I really like how they turned out and I hope that it gives each woman a little joy in their lives.

Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: