Monday, May 17, 2010

Made for Allison

While I was at Weekend at Wendy's, we all got to make a rag square scallop purse. My daughter Allison had mentioned to me that she wanted a bag like mine.  See this post:  My first rag purse
So I went to Walmart and picked up some fun fabric just for her. I made her a smaller version for just her size.  Now you can see on the picture that my sewing is not my strong point but I got it done in 2 hours!  I also added a pocket on the side to hold her "pretend cell phone".  I just added another sewed X complete square to the side bottom square and sewed it together on the same stitch line. Gotta go back and add that to mine!
The handles are done in ribbon instead of fabric like mine. (thanks to Wendy)  I used the 5/8" black grosgrain ribbon but that was just not wide enough.  So Wendy had some retired black organza ribbon and we sewed them together to make the handles.  I like how it buckles to give that rag feeling to the handle. Then we added the bow in the organza ribbon with a cute white flower button. Allison was still up when I got home that night cause she HAD to see HER finished rag purse!  She loved it and has been using it to carry things to church, Nana's, and dance lessons.
These were so easy to make that I plan on making some for my fall craft shows.  I hope I can buy the rest of the organza ribbon from Wendy!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: