Thursday, July 21, 2011

Convention Recap Day 4

Friday Friday Friday! Dawn and I got to go to the First Timers Breakfast together. We had a lite meal and got to see Shelli and other members of the corporate team. The line was super long so we missed our chance to meet Shelli in person. Oh well....next year!  Dawn and I then attend the class "Garden Showcase" and we were blown away at all the projects that Holly, Brian, and Donna showed us.
I then met Michele and Monika at the Make and Take Session 3. They were over the top make-n-takes! Three cards, a pennant swag and a covered card box.  Now I certainly did not get mine done during that 1 hour and 45 minutes window but I was able to stamp and punch the papers needed to complete them at home. I also watched the video on the box and it is a good thing I did!  Since I have been back, I did manage to finish these projects. I covered the sides of my card box as well. I will post them next week on my blog to show you them in detail. I love the card box and it will also be in the Holiday Mini coming out Sept 1st!  
Shelli's presentation at Convention is always the high point.  I have heard how great she does whether alone or like last year...with a daughter of hers.  Last year it was Sara (who went solo this year) and this year it was with her daughter Shalae (I never pronounce her name correctly). Shalae did a great job and had the whole crowd laughing which relaxed her and all of us.  When she was super nervous and about to go on stage, the stage manager told her " No one is going to die and no one is going to get pregnant". TOO funny!  I loved their projects!  I plan to do several of their projects myself in a class.
This is me and my roomies on the stage in the Gathering Place which made for a great Convention photo op!
We all went to dinner at J Wong's which was more food than I could handle!  Monika and I signed up for the + FUN classes that night.  She went to the Every Last Detail Class and I went to the MDS Hybrid Class. There I got to meet a new friend Jeanna.  She is so much fun and she rocks at MDS too!  Now I have to be honest, the MDS Hybrid class ROCKED!  Holly Linford and the whole Stampin UP My Digital Studio team spoiled us attendees to the core! We got way more than we EVER expected! Free supplies, a 10.5x5 completely printed calendar and a CD FULL OF DOWNLOADS and a complete TEMPLATE made JUST FOR US! I also got to meet Andrea Bowden (SU MDS genius) and we swapped MDS cards. I met another fellow MDS fan - Alana Jean-Louis! She gave me and Jeanna her trade marker photo avatar, a red clown nose.
What a great day it was! Great memories of new friends and new learning!
Tomorrow is the last day of Convention. Can I cry now?
Cindy

No comments: