Friday, September 16, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 7

I just have to say that Fall and that Spice Cake Designer Series Paper goes together like peanut butter and jelly. I have been using Spice Cake on MDS and in the real stuff like crazy! So when our theme FALL came up...yeah you guessed it!
Our weather is cooling down and we are ready for FALL around here. I think of all the great things Fall brings and the colors of the Fall and I just get giddly with excitement! So I wanted to create a scrap page that reflecks my Fall "joys".  I really love how this page turned out. Simple and few words to showcase the feeling of Fall.
I totally love that tree from the download Leaves of a Tree. Here it is in Soft Suede and made larger. The round corner punches were filled with Spice Cake DSP.  I used the punch letters and filled them with DSP at first but it was too busy and switched to Soft Suede. The leaf is in More Mustard with a drop shadow and is from the Leaves of a Tree download too.  Background is Vintage Overlays in Soft Suede at 20% opacity. Some Chocolate Chip stitching corners frame it in. The font is CK Ali.
It say "Leaves falling...Comfy Blanket...Making Soup...Snuggling with you."
That is what Fall is all about!

Check out some more FALL-tastic projects from our MDS divas below!
ME

Have a magical day!
Cindy

4 comments:

Erica said...

This page is purely magical. I love how you captured the essence of Fall!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

I agree with Erica. Magical, it immediately grabs at your heart. What a gorgeous page Cindy. Absolutely love it

Carol Parcell said...

Think I will have to CASE this page. It is wonderful!

Diane said...

I said at the PAWS meeting that I should be leaving you a comment...so I finally I am. :) Love this page and everything else you do. You are a wiz with MDS and I want to be one too. :) I'm expecting to learn a lot in October. Thanks for your part in making the PAWS meetings fun and informative.

Diane