Friday, November 18, 2011

Home MDS Blog Hop Week 16

This week's theme was selected by Alesha. She selected "HOME" whether it was something reminding you of home, feelings of home or just home decor. I was inspired by three things. #1 Pinterest  #2 Frames that I bought at a yard sale #3 Those CUTE houses on the Home for the Holidays Ensemble MDS download. 
These were simple to create in a 4.25x5.5 card. Going off the colors of my living room, I used the punch alphabet filled with Spice Cake DSP for the "home". Added some More Mustard punch squares and the Sweet Details Letters in Very Vanilla. Added the house and resized. Added the text "this" in CK Ali Font. Added Pool Party ribbon and Soft Suede Ribbon and knot to finish it off. Left the background removed so that I could print them in Very Vanilla on my printer. They were printed in 4x6 for my frame. 
Then I could not stop myself. I played some more with other color themes and I love how this turned out!  These will make great Christmas gifts to family and friends.  Need to find some more of these frames!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope this encourage you to use MDS for your home decor!
Cindy

P.S.  HAPPY 83rd BIRTHDAY MICKEY MOUSE! :)

Head on over to the next blog hop designer and see what "home" creations they have made.
Jeanna
ME  : )
Erica (next blog hop)

1 comment:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Very cute! I LOVE the one with the Spice Cake paper!!