Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A birthday party gift package! Completely in MDS!

I made this ensemble birthday package for a co-worker last week.  It was very simple to create using My Digital Studio.  Warning - this is a SUPER LONG post so hang in there til the end!
I first started to create it by adding the scallop pennant punch in different colors then adding Sweet Details Alphabet. When you add the punch without changing the size then you will be able to punch it out with the real punch. Used the 1/8" hole punch and threaded Baker's Twine thru them.

 I also add some plain scallop pennant punches and filled them to create the cake banner. Then I did did the same with the simple pennant punch for the inside of my card. Just love this!
Then I created the card front and printed it out as a 5x7. I added it to a piece of 10 x 7 Tempting Turquoise cardstock.  The inside banner folds up nicely.
 The card front was easy to create from a case that I had seen. I added a small circle punch, sized it down and copied and pasted it like a zillion times. Then filled with colors like Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Lucky Limeade, Calyspo Coral, Melon Mambo and Peach Parfait.

Then I took the same card front and made a fun 5 x 7 frame insert. Added the original sweet sentiment from the case. I used some of the punched scalloped pennants to place on the outside of the frame.

Whew! That was ALOT of cover so I hope you made it all the way thru it. 
What can My Digital Studio NOT do?  Your imagination is umlimited!
I hope this inspires you to get on your computer/laptop and give it a go!
Cindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOVE this!!!! Awesome job

Katherine said...

ooo these projects are to DIE for!

Unknown said...

WOW!! These projects are awesome and I love that they are MDS too!!! I really love the framed card with banner. I am so making one of these for myself!!!

I will be featuring the framed card on My Crafty Picks #51 with a link back to your blog on 2-5-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Cute!!!
Looooove it!! TFS!

http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com