Thursday, March 15, 2012

Over the Rainbow is my Pot of Gold

There is inspiration for designing EVERYWHERE! In the mail the other day, I received the new Target Spring at Play catalog. I just loved the playful strips of color on the cover. Instantly I knew I had a page in the making and the perfect picture to go with it.
Of course with the perfect picture, I had to find the perfect shape punch to put it in. This is where the NEW MDS download called Check This Out Designer Page Templates # 129921 comes into play. It has 17 awesome punch shapes for pictures. See HOLLY's POST HERE on mds.net to read all about it. I LOVE THESE! Wait....I TOTALLY LOVE THESE!
I used the NEW MDS Download Lucky Framable Designer Template # 129930 for the words and some were text boxes in Fling font, CK Ali font and Elephant font. I worked really hard on that little pot of gold. It is the teacup from Tiny Teacup #124462 and I used punches to fill in the holes in the teacup and bird wing punch to cover the handle. For the gold, I added a oval punch with More Mustard and several small circles in the same color to make it seem overfilled. The grass is a punch from Celebrate Anyday Greeting Card Templates MDS download #127757 filled with Lucky Limeade. That was an extra surprise to find in my punches lists! LUCKY ME!
This is a picture of just some our our youth and leaders...my pot of gold, my lucky charms and all in our favorite colors. Love these awesome peeps! I think GREEN is a very popular favorite color in the group!
 Speaking of GREEN, check back tomorrow for the MDS Blog Hop Friday! We all have GREEN on our mind as St.Patrick's Day is near! I am over the rainbow in love how my page turned out as it has an extra special meaning to met this week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy

No comments: