Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wood You Be Mine? - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! We are just starting on our January 2015 box from Stampin' UP. This box was full of brand NEW products from the Stampin' UP Occasions Catalog that went live on January 6th! I feel it is AMAZING Occasions Catalog as well as the Sale-a-bration this year is the BEST EVER! You are going to want it ALL! We have 5 Thursdays this month so each week you will see all NEW items with a variety of inspiring creations from the Artisan Design Team! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my project this 2nd week...
My first card shows off hunky Lumberjack Man from the "Wood You Be Mine?" Photopolymer Stamp Set. I did not expect to like this stamp set however I found it very fun to color in the images with Blendabilities! Some other fun elements I did: spritzing with Basic Black and Baked Brown Sugar ink and alcohol in Aqua Painter, using the strip of hearts thinlits from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, the frames using the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack and square collection framelits dies.
My second card shows off the bold pattern ampersand from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack. I used the Hardwood Stamp Set with Baked Brown Sugar ink for my background to play up the "wood" part of the sentiment. See that jagged edge of the ampersand layer? It is from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies and it ties in with the same shape in the washi tape. You get just 4 each of this pattern in the stack, but I thought you could use the ampersand from the You Plus Me Stamp Set as well on Smoky Slate Cardstock maybe stenciled with stripes. This would be if you wanted to do a card buffet class with this design.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you!!!
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 16 of us!

3 comments:

Sarah Sagert said...

I love your take on these! Great cards, Cindy :)

Tanya said...

Both are very cute cards!! :)

Hélène LEGRAND said...

J'adore ce bûcheron ;)
Belles créations Cindy !