Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Stars and Cheerful Critters - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! We are just starting on our March 2015 box from Stampin' UP. This box was full of more brand NEW products from the Stampin' UP Occasions Catalog! Every Thursday of each week, all 16 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my project this 1st week...
I love the process of creativity when I start a new Artisan box! Sometimes I know immediately what I want to do. Sometimes is takes me just playing with an idea that leads me. So that is where I started this month....I created that Coastal Cabana star with the Coastal Cabana sequins from the 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Assortment and loved it so much that I had to use it on something! From there I created the card, adding the wording from the Cheerful Critters Stamp set that was in our Artisan box.  
.....and then this card was inspired! I kept the same color combo of Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana and Black. Repeated the stars, paper doilies, rounded corners and thick Baker's Twine. I used more of the Cheerful Critters Stamp set as well. That bear is sooooo cute! I colored him in with a Blender Pen, Smoky Slate ink and Coastal Cabana ink. I think I will send this to a friend just to cheer her up!
Cindy's Tip: be sure to take a good look at each pattern of our designer series papers! That layer on my card is from the Maritime Designer Series Paper. It is a nautical themed DSP but it works very well here.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!!!
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 16 of us!

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Both are great, but I really love that big sparkly star! :)

Teneale Williams said...

Great colours, I love the bling you are rocking this week.

Wendie Waldman said...

happy, happy!

Tanja Kolar said...

OmG! The first card is stunning! Just awesome <3
Hugs from Tanja ( Germany)

Connie Collins said...

Oh Cindy, love, love, love that pretty blue star card!

Amanda Higgins said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Can I ask a question?...what did you use to get the 'photo frame' ?

Allison Okamitsu said...

So super adorable! I love your sequin star - and everything else. ;)

Barbara said...

Both are so great, Cindy!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh yes - these are so pretty, Cindy!
Great designs but the star with sequins bold stripes and a lace doily is perfection!