Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Love & Rainbows - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
We are just starting on our July 2015 box from Stampin' UP. 
This box was FULL of more BRAND NEW products 
from the Stampin' UP 2015-2016 Annual Catalog!!!!! I am pretty proud and humble to say that I was asked to pick the contents of this box as well as our weekly themes! (Of course, my teammates helped me with telling me what was on their wish list!) We are going to do a little peak into 5 of the 10 occasion sections from the NEW catalog this month! So you do not want to miss any of the projects this week! We are showcasing the "Love & Sympathy" section on page 19-30. Remember that every Thursday of each week, all 16 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my 2nd project for July....

I must confess...this week I was stumped on what to make. I worked on about 5 cards and none of them worked for me. I was drawn to this saying in the Over The Rainbow Photopolymer Stamp Set. It gives me a peaceful feeling and I knew I wanted to use it. I just got the Fluttering Textured Embossing Folder and was itching to play with it. Then it struck me....a rainbow of butterflies! How should I color them? I selected my rainbow colors - Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay and Perfect Plum. Of course, I went right to my Aqua Painters. I love watercoloring with these! But instead of filling it with water, I filled it with rubbing alcohol. By using the alcohol, I could color the ink on Whisper White cardstock because it dries instantly. Anyone missing Blendibilities yet? Here is how you can get that look without the marker part. True you need to do several layers of coloring to get these brighter colors. See the orange butterflies? They have two colors mixed, Calypso Coral and Pumpkin Pie. These were so fun to color!

Here is a nifty trick that I did on this card. I first found a framelit from Chalk Talk Framelits that fit my image in width. However I did not want it to cover up a good part of my butterflies. So I just trimmed it down on the top and bottom. Now it works perfectly! I used a strand of the White Jute Ribbon again here.
I started making a few of these to have on hand to send to 
friends and family in need of some hope and love!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you! 
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 16 of us!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Cindy, totally love the colorful butterfly background!

Unknown said...

What a great idea - Love the pretty butterflies and the sentiment is perfect!

Foster Mom said...

Love!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love butterflies and this is a really pretty card using the rainbow colors! Very nice sentiment to go along with it.

By the way, I found your "watermelon card" on Pinterest today. I have the new In Colors and decided to do my take on the card you made. If you want to check it out it will be on my blog tomorrow (July 14). I did put a link to your page to give you credit for the idea. Thanks for the great inspiration!