Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Stampin' UP! Artisan Blog Hop - Thanksgiving Moroccan

Welcome BACK to the 2015-2016 Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
I am so blessed that I get to create and inspire with these amazing Stampin' UP products and share with you all here for another wonderful year! Remember that every other Thursday, all 20 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Please keep hoppin' thru them all....you do not want to miss anyone of these amazing ladies!

This week is an "open to create" week but to stay within the parameters of goodies from our Artisan box. I instantly took a look at the large patterns of the Moroccan Designer Series Paper and thought of this Thanksgiving tipi idea! 

With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, this idea of name place cards for the table came to my mind. They are so easy to make with the Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies! I cut the DSP with the die cut and my Big Shot. Trim off a little on the top point and put together. Then I cut another piece of DSP with just the triangle side and trimmed off. Cut a slit for the opening, fold back sides and add a piece of cardstock to show the opening in color. I got this idea from my clever teammate Jessica Williams HERE. I took 4 toothpicks together, wrapped a piece of the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon around a couple of times and knotted. Just put in hole at the top of the tipi and glue into place.  
 To complete the name card, stamp with the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set the banner image and punch out with the Duet Banner Punch. I used the Labeler Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set to stamp the names in the matching ink colors of Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze. I stamped the leaf image from the Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set in Delightful Dijon and Emerald Envy and cut them with the matching Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies. So if you did not get the Thoughtful Branches Bundle, hurry while supplies last! Also Stampin' UP! has many other stamps with leaf images as well. I will make a few more of these for the rest of our crew at Thanksgiving. 
How about a card? This card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I cut more of the DSP with the die cut but this time leaving the bottom fold piece on instead of cutting it off. Slivers of Early Espresso cardstock make the poles at the top. I just made a background layer with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on Kraft Cardstock. I also added some Emerald Envy Baker's Twine. Look closely....that greeting is BRAND NEW! You will find it on page 49 in the NEW Holiday Catalog out September 1st!
Thanks for stopping by here and if you leave a comment 
then thanks for truly making my day!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy

Now on to one of my dearest friends.....Connie Collins! She is one of a kind!

7 comments:

Connie Collins said...

OMG...these are too stinkin' cute! AMAZING! XOXO

Rose Thygesen said...

So cute!

Allison Okamitsu said...

So CUTE!!!!! You are so talented my friend.

JsJ-Stempelateilier said...

Dear Cindy,
this is a great idea: creating a tipi!
Yours, Julia

Krystal said...

ADORABLE tee-pees!!! What a great idea! I'm for sure going to make these for my Thanksgiving table setting now! :D

Sara Nell Langland said...

So clever! I love little favors like these at Thnaksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Kimberly said...

You are stinking' clever my friend. I feel like I need to create these for my Thanksgiving table. The Moroccan DSP was perfect for this.